Dogs are welcome at Cedars Park and there is a community of regular dog owners who choose to come here for their daily walks.
The Cedars Dog Walking Association is a community project run by a small group of people, with the purpose of encouraging dog owners to be responsible when in their local parks, compiling photos of regular dogs in case a search party needs to be instigated for a missing dog, and simply connecting the many dogs and owners who use Cedars Park. This is done through their Instagram page. If you would like to submit a photograph of your dog to be uploaded, please e-mail this to email@example.com.
Cedars Park Canine Code
It is expected that the following rules are followed while in Cedars Park:
- Your dog is wearing a name tag or is micro-chipped.
- Your dog is on a lead if you are not confident that he/she will not cause fear or harm to other dogs or park visitors (particularly children)
- Ensure that your dog does not foul near areas where children often play (such as the Venusberg and Maze)
- Carry a sufficient amount of poo bags, ideally enough to spare some for another dog walker who may have forgotten theirs.
- Pick up all dog poo, and ensure that bags are not left anywhere else other than in bins.
- Regularly check/treat your dog for worms and fleas.
- Never allow your dog to chase or attack wildlife.