Cedars Park Covenant
When Admiral of the Fleet Sir Hedworth Meux owned the Theobalds Park
estate, he donated a portion of the grounds to be opened as a public
park for the people of Cheshunt, under the custodianship and
management of the Cheshunt Urban District Council (now formed into
Broxbourne Council). He wrote this document in 1919 to legally make
the donation and outline how he wished for the park to be managed and
Admiral Meux and the Earl of Cavan opened Cedars Park on 2 July 1921.
Since the Admiral's death in 1929, the park has been expanded with land
in the immediate vicinity of the original parkland.